Residents of Caronport,
Please remember Bylaw #: 2008-01 Private Swimming Pools when thinking about putting up a pool to enjoy for the summer. It states:
5. (1) A person must obtain a swimming pool construction permit from the Village Administrator prior to the construction, erection, or modification of a private swimming pool, filing a prescribed application form with a site plan.
6. (1) Every private swimming pool must be enclosed in accordance with this Section.
(2) The enclosure must be properly maintained to comply with this Bylaw at all times.
(3) The enclosure must meet the following standards:
(a) a minimum height of 1.5 metres (5 feet) measured on the exterior, or non-pool, side from the top of the enclosure to the nearest platform, deck or grade;
(b) diagonal structural members must be on the inside or pool side of the fence and gaps between the vertical members must not exceed 20 millimeters (0.8 inches) ; and
(c) if the fence is chain link, the mesh size must not exceed 50 millimeters (2 inches) and the wire core must not be less than 11 gauge.
(d) or, an alternate enclosure design that is deemed suitable by the Council.
GATES AND SELF – CLOSING DEVICES
7. (1) (c) all gates must be equipped with a self-closing device designed to return the gate to the closed position after each use, a self-latching device designed to hold the gate in the closed position after each use, and a locking device.
OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
10. (1) Every person who contravenes a provision of this Bylaw is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a minimum fine of $100.00
Swimming Pool Permits are available at the Village Office and on our website.
If you would like to read this bylaw further you can view it here: https://caronport.ca/bylaws/sw...